Monday, June 9, 2014

A Reminder of Peace

12, 000 miles away from Philadelphia. 11 hours ahead in time. Getting up to go to work, when back home is getting finished work etc....  I always look for a constant. A reminder that we are not as far apart as it may seem. As my early morning runs take me and a few regulars through the streets of Ben Tre and Can Tho, I find peace and solice in knowing that the beauty of the sunrise I witness today, will be shared by Philadelphia tomorrow. We see pain, suffering, hardship, struggles, devastating illness, and loss of limbs. But through all that, The sun rises somewhere on this earth and provides a new opportunity to appreciate life, no matter how hard it can be. We are helping patients achieve a better life, and the glorious sun rises each morning help me achieve a sense of peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment