Monday, June 23, 2014

My Newest Family Members

Spending 30 days with student team members, in another part of the world, you gain a better appreciation for their individual personalities, strengths, and interests. Our team this year consisting of Thao Nguyen, Chi Tran, Ngoc Bui, Joy Chen, Giang Duong, Terrence Gardner, Meghan Mitchell and Dhimo Vrusho did an exceptional job. I could not be more proud of their commitment and dedication to this mission. From January, this hand-picked team worked weekly at training and preparing, above and beyond their normal school work. Together they raised over $7000.00 that was subsequently matched by a number of Mission alumni, family and friends!!!
I made this statement a few times over the past few weeks, "I can't always pick the smartest student, I can't always pick the best personalities, but what I always hope is to pick the hardest working team I can". This year I succeeded in doing just that. I worked them harder than ever, longer than ever, and was probably more difficult on them than ever. Not one of them complained. They proved that if you have genuine care and compassion, great things can be accomplished!! You are all now part of my extended family. (Not Ong (Grandpop) as they like to say, but as I like to say, a Big Brother that they can turn to in good times and bad!!!!!
Cam on Rat Nhieu for working so hard. You All Make Me Very Proud!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment